Tuesday, April 24, 2012

SAMPLE POEMS

As a Librarian and an Information Consultant i believe i a will be leading by example when i share a sample of my poems with my readership.Thus i am honored to share my sample poems bellow.


THE WORLD READ ALOUD DAY
I hear the echo of a voice, reading aloud to the nations,
I listen to the story and what a story it is,
The story carries my mind and memory to far flung places,
But then
I realize I have had a journey of the mind and for a moment,
I forget about my environment and all my challenges in life.
I hear the echo of a voice, reading aloud to the nations,
I want to know why the voice reads aloud to the nations,
I am told it’s the worlds read aloud day.
I hear the echo of a voice, reading aloud to the nations
It mingles with the tweet of the singing birds, for a morning
Wake up call, for it’s just but morning,
The sun is just but rising, but the voice still goes on and strong,
The story carries with it the tells of literacy to the world, that the young
In the world can grow with strong minds of understanding and knowledge for life.
I hear the echo of a voice, reading aloud to the nations,
I listen to the story and what a story it is,
The sweet voice mingle with various other voices of nature,
The birds chirping, the sun rising, the wind blowing, the trees swaying,
The waves rising and the plains soaring with life.
Then I realize it’s not only, a voice reading aloud to the nations,
But its voices reading, all over the world, and finally,
The sun has gone down, its night and the bats are flying by,
I then continue to hear many other voices read aloud to,
The children into the deep of the night making it full of life.


THERE IS HOPE IN THE WORLD
There is hope in a world that reminds sadness, seems shadowy and dark with gloom,
There is hope in a world that might seem desolate and without glamor,
There is hope in a world that might seem dry, vast and with glean,
There is hope in a world that might seem lonely and for a moment without gladness.

Stay strong in even the most challenging life encounters,
Stay strong in even the most tempestuous winter of life experience,
Stay strong in the darkest night of all and make life an expedition,
Stay strong in the Lord who makes life and its endeavors excellence.

We have strength in family and friends and life can be lovely good,
We have strength in the people of the world, in whose face we see God,
We have strength in the bible in whose pages warm up with news good,
We have strength in God forever, who warms our hearts with joy and in whose love we see good.




I WANT TO INSPIRE
I want to inspire before I expire,
In a world with informational and educational mountains to climb,
And,
Challenges to over come.

I want to inspire before I expire,
In the world with many hungry for information and education,
Knowledge to impact.

I want to inspire before I expire,
In the world with informational and educational disparities,
And,
Many suffering as a result of lack of proper information and education.

I want to inspire before I expire,
In the world that needs inspiration, the children are calling for knowledge,
The world is calling for education and information,
I must inspire before I expire.

SUCCESS
Success!, is my question for life, my soul cries out success,
Success!, in the darkest of nights affords life, might be some times like, The cry of a cuckoo, In the silent of nights.
Success!, What’s your abode, my soul longs for you,
So that when I wake up in the morning, I listen to your voice,
In the wake up calls of the singing birds.
Success!, please shine bright for me, like in a moon light,
Shining away the darkness. 
Success!, my pleas to you, that you may shine for me,
Not like the afternoon scorching sun.
Success!, have been looking for you, and in my life,
I call you to shine.
Success!, be my early morning dance, success be my evening song,
Success have been waiting for you along the shores and forests of life,
That you may take me to the valleys and plains across,
Success!, can you give me the wings,
The wings of a dove that I may fly away, in my flight of success.




LIFE SHALL BE BETTER ONE DAY
Even though the torrents of life rage,
And thunder bolts of life,
Spark their threatening fire,
Brands of rage,
Life shall be better one day.

Even though the hot sun shine,
With burning rays,
With dry winds of desperation,
Blowing hurricanes of destruction,
Through the hot dry air of consternation,
Life shall be better one day.

It shall be on that early bright morning,
When the blue moon high above,
The obstacles and firmaments,
Shall declare success of a new day.

When the birds shall sing,
Their best songs ever sang,
That will be the day, when the children will play and say,
Life is better today than yesterday.

1 comment:

  1. I am happy that someone will enjoy my poems, some being very inspirational about life.

    ReplyDelete